Halloween is right around the corner! Kick up the fear factor in your Halloween dessert game with a recipe straight from the SōRSERERS’ kitchen! Whip up some ghoulishly good cookies, the Witches’ Fingers, created by our chef, Stacy Primack, for your upcoming Halloween event!
Yield: about 12 3-oz pieces
CBD per cookie: 10 mg
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1.2 grams SōRSE powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Whip the butter and both sugars in a stand mixer or with handheld beaters until light, fluffy and smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until the yolk disappears into the mix.
- Scrape down the bowl, making sure to get the bottom of the bowl for even dough consistency.
- Mix in the vanilla. Then separately, whisk together remaining dry ingredients.
- Slowly, in batches, add dry ingredients, scraping down sides of bowl in between.
- Remove dough from bowl, shape dough into a log and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Taking about 2 tablespoons of the dough of the log at a time, roll between your palms until you get a 4 or 5 inch finger, 1/2-3/4” in thickness.
- Press an almond towards the top to make an indentation for the “fingernail”. Additionally, make cuts with a paring knife for the knuckles. Shape like wobbly knobby witch fingers.
- Place fingers on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake until golden, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. In a small saucepan, heat jam over low heat until warm and liquid. Dip the raw edges (not the nail side) into the jam.