10 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT CBD
Despite the rising popularity of CBD products for a variety of uses, there are still plenty of misconceptions about CBD — and a few surprising facts that consumers may not know.
Sure, it’s science — but there’s no reason to complicate it when it comes to CBD myths. We’re giving it to you straight and short ‘n sweet!
1. CBD IS psychoactive, but it is NOT psychotropic meaning it is not an intoxicating cannabinoid, such as its popular sister, THC.
2. CBD may help treat conditions like pain, insomnia, stress and anxiety.
3. CBD may work better for treating conditions when in the presence of other cannabinoids and/or terpenes
4. CBD will NOT show up in a drug test.
5. CBD is NOT addictive.
6. CBD consumer sales expected to reach $1.8 Billion by 2022 (Statista).
7. CBD is NOT limited to medicinal purposes. Consumers can benefit from the use of CBD and can enjoy sharing it socially/recreationally.
8. FACT: As of January 1, 2018, Olympians can legally consume CBD. However, consumers should be wary of the quality of their CBD as it must contain 0.3% THC or less according to the 2014 Farm Bill.
9. CBD is much less potent than THC at relieving symptoms so consuming CBD in larger doses is common and does not create a sedating effect.
10. CBD products are currently being carried by large national retailers such as Walgreens and CVS.
Looking to integrate CBD or Hemp into your portfolio? We’d love to learn more about your business and work to create a custom solution.
Tell us a little about your yourself and we’ll be in touch shortly