‘Tis the season to be thankful! At SōRSE, we’re thankful for a lot of things: Our awesome team; our chef, Stacy Primack; and all of the yummy treats that she makes for us. Try out Stacy’s pumpkin pie recipe for your Worksgiving, Friendsgiving, or Thanksgiving dessert this month. You won’t be disappointed!
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Yield: 8 portions
CBD per slice: 10 mg
2 c. pumpkin
2/3 c. sugar
A pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. evaporated milk
2.667 g. SōRSE liquid
1/2 tsp. ginger, freshly grated
1/4 tsp. mace, toasted to bring out flavor
1/4 tsp. allspice, ground and toasted to bring out flavor
Ready to bake pie crust
2 c. cold whipping cream
3 T. sugar or maple syrup
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Place all pie ingredients in a large, deep bowl or deep, round container (about 8 inches deep).
- Using an immersion (stick) blender, blend thoroughly until evenly combined, and without lumps.
- TIP: It is best to let this mixture sit overnight in the refrigerator to let flavors macerate.
- The next day, remove the filling from the refrigerator, give a stir with a whisk by hand, and then pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake at 325F until set and not jiggly or wet-looking in the middle. Remove from oven before any cracks start to show.
- Let cool at room temperature and then refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, grab an empty mixer bowl and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- For the topping, add cream, syrup, and vanilla and whip on medium low speed until soft peaks, increase speed to high and whip until cream is stiff enough to stand on its own.
- (Test: Dip your finger into the whipped cream, and if it holds, it should form a light peak. Do not over-whip, or you’ll have butter.)
- When ready, use a spoon to place the cream into a piping bag.
- The next day, take the pie out of the refrigerator, mark it first into 8 even slices, then use a hot chef’s knife (that you have heated under water and wiped clean with a dish towel) to make cuts.
- Decorate with whipped cream.
Looking to integrate CBD or Hemp into your portfolio? We’d love to learn more about your business and work to create a custom solution.
Tell us a little about your yourself and we’ll be in touch shortly